Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Barca V/S Stuttgart

I woke up finally after repeated pleas by my mobile phone to watch the champions league match. The kick off must have been at around 1 o clock IST. I switched the television on at around 125 and I see a cross being deflected by Cacau straight into the goal!!! I rubbed my eyes and thought it was a dream, but it wasn't. Not the best start, I thought. That was the 24th minute.

I sat down patiently watching every pass and every pass that was getting intercepted. Things were not working for Barca. Neither was Messi magic. I was wondering what on the earth they were doing with the 69 % possession!!! And then came an oppurtunity in the 40th minute and Ibrahimovic messed it up!!! Things looked tense, and it showed on Pep Guardiola's face! And then there was the half time whistle.

I managed to put some stuff on download and come back to watch the second half. After the same pass and intercepted pass routine, Ibrahimovic made up for his first half miss with a goal off the second attempt in the 52nd minute. Gerard Pique's assist was very valuable. Now i could stay calm...

The rest of the match was all about players falling down and faking injuries, so nothing special about it. The result 1-1. It is like an insurance policy for Barca who go into the second leg with an away goal. Go Barca Go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment